The highlights were -
- A voodoo doll that comes to life and then is trapped in the jacket of a gas-mask wearing, sledge hammer toting maniac riding a horse on top of a parking garage in riotous Los Angeles.
- Metallica playing Orion in its entirety during the credits.
- The intro to "One" that included lasers and sound effects as if it were machine gun fire with tracer bullets.
- I hope they tour with that stage set up. It's unlike anything I've ever seen. Tesla coils with electricity flying around, people trapped in coffins, video footage on panels around the indoor stadium. It was crazy and must have been super expensive.
- I wonder at what point does Hammet's fingers and Lars legs and arms not keep up.
- In IMAX in 3D, it was very entertaining albeit bizarre and a little too close to Metallica's faces, although it did remind me how much Hammett does look like Jack Sparrow at times.