1. senior QB's are almost always a great sign for BYU. i believe riley can be just as efficient a passer as hall and he is a more athletic runner which opens things up and keeps the D honest. my bar may be too high but i expect 10 wins.
2. KVN - the dude is a freak of nature. a real NFL talent that will terrify opposing teams all day long. he always was in the right place at the right time.
3. our D in general - i really think this will be a top-10 or top-15 defense as far as yards and points go. defense wins championships and ours should give us a chance in every game.
4. ESPN - we know the BSU game is on ESPN...i expect the WSU, OSU and USU games to be as well...and possibly Hawaii. Add in a potential ESPN2 game @GT and an NBC game @ND and we'll be ALL OVER national tv...again!
5. Hoff and Apo - the new "twin towers" are going to be good. Hoff already might become the best WR BYU has ever seen if he stays 4 years and Apo is an equally talented specimen. hall and beck never had two guys like this to throw to. they will make riley look even better than he might be.
6. HEALTHY TE's - it's seriously been 2 years since we've had healthy guys here. holt was decent but i think wilson or mahina are more talented and can't wait to see a real TE in our O again.
7. back in black - the black out will be awesome. expect a night game...maybe even on the road (Utah, BSU)
8. 2013 Indy schedule or Big12 released - one of the two will happen and they'll both be exciting.
9. Quezada - the injury plagued star will be back in full force. i think he'll end up stealing the majority of the snaps at RB. i think jamal williams will end up being the heir apparent. alisa will be a nice compliment for 2 back sets but i don't think is as talented as a healthy Juice.
10. iona - not having him was the most under-played reason our O struggled last season. once again BYU will have a dominate, physical, athletic FB like Fui or Tonga. BYU is great when they have a senior QB, a talented FB and good TE. it's been a while but we'll have all that plus the best D under bronco. that is a recipe for success!