1. i have never been a "bronco basher". i am not a "bronco basher". my 3-part post does not make me a "bronco basher". i have consistently said and agree with those that say that bronco's best is AHEAD of him. i understand the unique situations he encounters as HC of BYU. however, we are in YEAR 8. if, what some say about trickling out the crowton guys and getting bronco's guys in and more experience, is true we should be trending UP. in every measurable and meaningful way we are trending DOWN the last couple of seasons. this is not a good sign IMO.
2. numbers don't lie. i purposefully made those posts FACTUAL using very little subjective analysis on my own part. if you read them a certain way and feel they reflect a negative light on BYU that was not my intention but maybe just a reality of the figures themselves. we get thrown all the "10-win seasons" and "ranked in top 25" stuff all day long. those figures have to be acknowledged and appreciated. my posts are not trying to DETRACT from those figures but ADD TO them as i feel the "greg wrubell" stats don't reflect reality either.
3. it is possible to LOVE BYU and still want more. i'm not satisfied with where BYU's football program is. Bronco has publicly stated he is not either...suggesting his "good" program still needs to become "great". pointing this out doesn't make me a hater.
4. for someone to accuse me as "lazy" for not wanting to look stuff up is quite hilarious...those posts literally took hours to compile over weeks of effort. and throwing around certain posts with NO facts or stats about the roster and who is left over and who is part of "attrition" is laughable. proper "schooling" involves more than just an opinion even if an educated one. back it up.
5. the polarization on here is quite hilarious at times. i see 3 main groups: the "pollyannas", the "trolls" and the "rational fans". i consider myself the latter. my post was not trolling or overly negative. i didn't bash anyone. i stated facts. too many of the first group target the last and paint them as "trolls" or "haters" when that is not what "we" really are.
6. those that feel these stats or posts were used to mislead or paint reality in a false light please feel free to do the research, dig up your own facts and post an intelligent counter. i would enjoy reading it. i might still respectfully disagree with you but it's so much easier to take you seriously when you back it up with something tangible and intelligent rather than simply suggesting i should close my eyes and be 100% satisfied with everything that is going on.
7. i love BYU. i love everything it represents. i would never sacrifice the pristine image Bronco has built the BYU brand up to be for a few extra wins. i believe though, that BYU can achieve more. i believe they have the resources, the recruits to compete with the best of the best. i believe we have had the talent to stay on pace with BSU, TCU and Utah and there is no reason why we should be falling behind them. i believe the best days for BYU are ahead of it. i seriously believe this 2012 team COULD go 12-0. past performance suggests otherwise but i will never stop believing. i search out numbers and facts to help explain my feelings but that will never dampen my enthusiasm for BYU football...ever!