1) Notre Dame is our ally and is going to actively work to either: A) Make Independence more viable for us, Or B) Petition for us to get into a conference.
Where did this naive pipe dream come from anyway? I wish people would just stop with it. It is not the case.
2) A deal for at least 6.2 million per year sucks compared to what we are getting from ESPN
3) That scheduling will only get better with independence.
The good Conferences (The ones we need on our schedule) are going to be very strict about playing OOC games past the first few games of the season. Exceptions will not be made for BYU.
4) That we are slumming it if we go to the Big East
5) That playing teams like Rutgers, Louisville, Uconn, Cincinatti Houston and Boise state EVERY year with something on the line wouldn't be a really good situation for BYU.
6) That independence give us a rosy outlook on our future. At best it gives us a questionable outlook.
7) BYU is looked at by ESPN as a Marquee property
Yep that is why they routinely schedule us at 10:00 EST
8) That people are beating down our door to play us, which is why we scheduled a 1 and done at Nebraska in 2015.