Yes, we have more exposure, but essentially it's more exposure of unimportant games. This is all subjective (as was your post), but here are my feelings on the subject.
1) Essentially locked itself out of NC run (even undefeated, our weak indy schedule will not get enough respect and a 2 loss SEC or 1 loss B12/ACC team would get in before us). Why is the team playing if not to win a national championship? Even Bronco has said this is the goal...
2) Lost chance at a conference championship...past players have noted that it takes something away from your season. Everyone felt it after our first loss...can't play for undefeated/big BCS bowl = lame 3rd tier bowl (and we already know which one it is after 1 loss)
3) No good bowl tie-ins now or in forseeable future...see #2. This won't get better with time as the enlarging conferences get the better tie-ins, and we're seen more like an Army/Navy/Air Force type indy with our nice little loyal fanbase that would attend a relatively regional 3rd tier bowl game, but nothing more.
4) I disagree that November scheduling isn't important, mostly due to #2-3 sucking the oxygen out of the season, then to top off the lack of excitement, we get to play...Idaho and NMSU. Ugh.
5) AND, most important of all, FAN INTEREST...this will be more of an erosion of sorts, but I've felt it even with my own "fandom"...our only hope is an undefeated splash season possibly getting into a BCS bowl (which may no longer exist by the time we make it). Watching a 1-loss BYU team has never been so depressing because of #2-3. Yes, we have more exposure, but essentially it's more exposure of unimportant games.
Fully Invested in Executing at a Higher Level of Establishing a Clear Identity of Ownership of a Link to Past Tradition and National Prominence
"The best is yet to come." Bronco Mendenhall, 1-16-07