1. Riley looks better. Last year at this time I did not think that Riley looked like a starter. Honestly at the time, Heaps and Lark were both completing passes at a higher level. The reps have paid off and Riley is throwing well. He is by no means slinging it around like Payton Manning, but he is much improved.
2. Williams. I did not keep count of stats or yards but I would guess he got more total touches than ANYONE, and he made them count. I am impressed. I had heard about his speed... it is for real. But what I didnt expect is the power he has when he runs. He broke as many tackles with strength as he did by juking. He is exciting. At the same time, he is not going to win the Hiesman or anything, but he is a different kind of back that we have not had in a while and with time could be special. I expect he will get more than a few chances to shine this season.
3. Our backs are solid. I doubt we will have the top rushing attack in the nation, but our run game will be one that can be relied upon. Hine and Foote both showed will. They each have a good balanced of power and speed. The trouble is the lack of experience between Hine, Foote and Williams.
4. Our D should be great. I was even impressed with our secondary. This could be the best D that we have had at the Y in some time.
5. Lark is at this point, better than Hill. More constant and more accurate. Hill showed glimpes of potential on one of his drives where he hit Houk on a couple mid-long distance passes. I like how Hill keeps an eye downfield when he scrambles.
6. Pritchard reminds me of Tonga. He runs tough and seems to always get a few extra yards after contact. He will be a good combo back.
7. Collie played well when given the chance. He has a nice grab near the sideline for a first down. He managed to get a foot inbounds and made it look good.
8. Both sides of the ball are improved from last year. We should compete in every game and do well. I would not go as far as saying Undefeated or BCS,
but good. It should be a fun year.