Peter King picks Sorensen and Van Noy as his defensive players of the day and
mentions they played on the same BYU team in 2013.
A zebra-made heartbreak for the Saints. A Brady-made heartbreak for the Chiefs. From Kansas City, Peter King kicks off his latest Football Morning in America column by pulling up a stool next to Tom Brady's locker and chatting with the nine-time Super Bowl participant, and also tackles:
• The call booed 'round New Orleans ... the Rams are Super Bowl bound, thanks in part to a missed pass interference.
• The tale of the missing plays ... a handful of New England's play calls Sunday—including one crucial throw in overtime—were not in the game plan.
• The coaching hires ... Freddie Kitchens and Adam Game talk about the challenges ahead in Cleveland and New York, respectively.
• More thoughts, notes and opinions on Byron Leftwich's newfound pressure; the secret stars of the Patriots win; how Saints fans really felt about the officiating; the weekly awards; and more.
• Plus 10 things, factoids, coffeenerdness, beernerdness and a look back at that Super Bowl 53 prediction from back in September.