A couple insights outside of just how good USC looked.
1. Slovis was NOT getting rid of the ball in 2-3 seconds. The offense does not look like other Air Raid systems I’ve watched. He was able to survey the field and make throws in normal time. O-line is good and he had good time to throw.
2. Stanford’s best weapon was their tight end.
3. Stanford’s qb is not a runner.
4. Stanford’s biggest problem was tackling USC’s excellent receivers.
5. Stanford bled the clock and ran mostly loaded rushing formations. SC packed the line of scrimmage.
6. SCs receivers were well covered but still made the catches. Slovis go to guy is actually Pittman. At one point Pittman must have caught 6 passes in a row.