×Sign up, and you can make all message times appear in your timezone. Sign up
Feb 18, 2020
1:18:03pm
garyfan All-American
That's a helpful link. Thanks.
It's worth pointing out that it was written by an Astros fan who clearly has an angle here. That doesn't invalidate the evidence he brings to bear, but it is worth noting.

He provides some helpful context that I agree has some merit. I also think none of this explains why some people inside the game are saying they've heard the Astros have used buzzers, doesn't explain why Altuve changed his shirt immediately after the Game 6 walk-off homer in the 2019 ALCS, and doesn't explain why he didn't wear an undershirt that entire game...until he went to the field for the top of the 9th with a 2-run lead (presumably to close out the series)...only to take it back off for the bottom for the 9th after the Yankees scored 2 runs and Altuve realized he would have to hit again.

I agree that there are defenses one could make on Altuve's behalf. But you have to concede that there are legitimate reasons for people to not believe those defenses and that there are unexplained behaviors that are consistent with the use of a buzzer.
Bio page
garyfan
Last login
Jun 5, 2020
Total posts
21,848 (1,120 FO)
Time

Posting on CougarBoard

In order to post, you will need to either sign up or log in.