Sep 30, 2022
11:10:21am
Thrill All-American
My thoughts. I think the D and O were more vanilla than we'll see against ND
and Arkansas.

YES, I get frustrated at the D and I prefer a much more aggressive blitzing scheme that hits the QB more often, however the overall results in the past 3 years have been very good. More than anything, I'd like to see them mix it up more and show teams something they didn't expect e.g. completely load the box and play M2M defense and force the QB to beat you....especially if he is a backup. I do question whether we need 2 safeties 15-20 yards back on most snaps and why we seem like a different team after halftime; can adjustments not be made sooner?

Another frustrating thing is running the ball between tackles late and sort of letting off the gas/milking the clock and I want to see the TEs used more in the passing game. However, we have a QB who is taking care of the ball and can throw back shoulder passes unlike anyone we've had previously. Hall's deep ball game is legit.

BYU is 4-1, with 2 big games coming up. Before the season, I was obviously hoping for an undefeated season, however would have been very happy to get through the season with a split of the Baylor, Oregon, ND, Arkansas games (with no losses against the others)....and still would be.
This message has been modified
Originally posted on Sep 30, 2022 at 11:10:21am
Message modified by Thrill on Sep 30, 2022 at 11:13:37am
Thrill
Bio page
Thrill
Last login
Nov 28, 2022
Total posts
52,748 (980 FO)
Time

Posting on CougarBoard

In order to post, you will need to either sign up or log in.