Sign up, and you'll be able to ignore users whose posts you don't want to see. Sign up
Nov 21, 2022
12:05:18pm
MartyFunkhouser Intervention Needed
My Disneyland experience with my son.
I see a lot of people complaining about the experiences that they had at Disneyland. I'm confused because they are nothing like the experience that I had back in August with my son.

I was actually very anxious about taking my son to Disneyland. He has several diagnosis including ADHD, Sensory Processing Disorder, and ASD. I just didn't know how it would work out with him. The experience that I had was great with him. Although he qualified, we ended up not using the disability access services. We had Genie+ so we were able to schedule Lightning Lanes. It just didn't seem necessary when we got there to take the step to have him interviewed to get something that we essentially already had. The only real benefit would have been saving the money on paying for a Lightning Lane on Rise of the Resistance and Cars.

It worked great on the app scheduling lightning lanes and knowing the wait times for rides. It was the actual game changer for making sure he had a good experience to have accurate wait times on the app. It would have been a disaster had we walked to a ride to see a posted wait time that made going on it not practical. The park was clean everywhere. We had little issues with rides being down and when they were it was resolved quickly.

I actually was about 50/50 on if it would have even been a good trip. It ended up being great. I actually didn't like Disneyland until that trip with my son. After that trip, I got it and I understand why people take their kids there. He still talks about how much he liked the trip months later.
MartyFunkhouser
Previous username
mpfunk
Bio page
MartyFunkhouser
Last login
Jan 31, 2023
Total posts
42,704 (2,414 FO)