Now, rather than deleting your post, moderators will have the option to "require edit". Here's what happens when they do that:
- Your post will not be deleted, but show up to others with some generic text about how it's been flagged for editing
- You will receive a notification up top, where you'd normally receive moderator message notifications
- When you go to the post, you'll see a notification from the moderator about what the problem is
- You'll have the option to either edit your post, or change it to FO
- After you edit your post, a moderator will need to approve it before it shows up on the board again
We're hoping that this makes for fewer warnings and penalties for everyone, as minor edits will be handled without using the penalty system at all. Hopefully it will also make the board feel less adversarial between the mods and users.