1. Who will be the starting guards/ball handlers? Barcello & Lucas will both be gone. Can either Johnson or Knell play the role of a facilitator? What about Erickson? Any others on the roster that can play the point? If so, they need to start getting some PT this season. It seems that losing both Barcello & Lucas will have a huge impact on this team.
2. What additional bigs will be added to the team? Fouss and Atiki are both great, with a lot of upside, but there are no other bigs on the roster. And, no, Lohner is not a big. He's playing a lot inside this season out of necessity.
3. Who will be the primary scorers next season? Seems like Traore will be one. Can Knell take a big step up, both in overall production and offensive consistency? George seems to be getting more consistent from 3. Maybe he's a candidate. Was Lohner's performance against the Zags fools' gold or a harbinger of things to come? I still believe he has the ability. His attitude seemed completely different last night, especially in the 2nd half.
4. Why is BYU's roster filled with wings? They all look like very good players, but BYU seems to lack the appropriate amount of depth when it comes to both bigs and point guards. Am I missing something?
5. Has the transfer portal become more important than traditional recruiting, and if so, if that a good thing or a bad thing? Seems to me that if you rely too much on the portal you'll have a very high amount of turnover in your roster year-to-year.