Sign up, and CougarBoard will remember which categories you want to view. Sign up
Jan 10, 2019
Acorn All-American
A DIK can be made to a DAF, or a DIK can be made to the church.
The DIK has to be one year old in order to receive the tax benefit. The DAF and the church are charitable organizations. The DIK is the charitable event. You could also use cash and donate to either the church or a DAF. You either make the donation to the DAF and then send the funds to the church, or you make the donation directly to the church.

Once you send the money to the DAF, it isn't yours anymore. It is the charity's money. They let you suggest who you donate it to, but there is no additional deduction at that point.
This message has been modified
Originally posted on Jan 10, 2019 at 3:21:27pm
Message modified by Acorn on Jan 10, 2019 at 4:14:13pm
Message modified by Acorn on Jan 10, 2019 at 7:54:15pm
Bio page
Nov 25, 2004
Last login
May 27, 2022
Total posts
13,305 (1,167 FO)

Posting on CougarBoard

In order to post, you will need to either sign up or log in.