×Sign up, and CougarBoard will remember which categories you want to view. Sign up
Mar 29, 2020
1:53:06pm
Zoobieman Truly Addicted User
Models of Italy and Spain for the next 6 weeks
Italy with current interventions: Based on Ro of 1.2, CFR of 2%, and 5.4% of total active cases will be in critical condition.

Italy without current interventions: Ro = 2.4 instead of Ro 1.2

Spain with current interventions: Based on Ro of 1.2, CFR of 2%, and 5.4% of total active cases will be in critical condition.

(Note: Spain seems to have more patients that are going into severe or critical condition, and so it looks like the death rate might be higher)

Spain without current interventions: Ro = 2.4 instead of Ro 1.2

I went crazy while I was in quarantine so I bought a textbook on epidemiology and learned the different models based on differential equations that they use. . . I also learned that there are a TON of assumptions that go into making these charts and the data is not all there. They also make a ton of assumptions as to how to measure and decrease infectivity rate for each country.

But the biggest take away I got was experts epidemiologists may not know the right answer, but they sure as heck can spot the wrong answer.
Book I bought: https://www.amazon.com/Introduction-Infectious-Disease-Modelling-ebook/dp/B00DUDQ07G/ref=sr_1_2?crid=1M986WL1LTXPK&dchild=1&keywords=infectious+disease+epidemiology&qid=1585511332&sprefix=Epidemiology+infectio%2Caps%2C168&sr=8-2
Originally posted on Mar 29, 2020 at 1:53:06pm
Message modified by Zoobieman on Mar 29, 2020 at 2:23:34pm
Message modified by Zoobieman on Mar 29, 2020 at 2:25:32pm
Bio page
Zoobieman
Last login
May 30, 2020
Total posts
853 (0 FO)
Time

Posting on CougarBoard

In order to post, you will need to either sign up or log in.