×Sign up, and you'll be able to vote in polls. Sign up
Sep 13, 2018
5:27:17pm
cajuncoug All-American
Probably, re: your last point
I don’t disagree with the idea that we could play with more “discipline,” although that’s fairly broad.

I also think it may be 20% of the issue while the other 80% has to do with caliber of athletes.

Cal was a winnable game had we executed our schemes more effectively, whether that means greater discipline or what have you. It could’ve also been won if any number of our guys could simply have made one more play.

BYU likes to believe that its average Jimmy’s and Joe’s can beat the other guys because we will be smarter, more disciplined, try harder, etc. That was more true when we ran a revolutionary, unique scheme than it is today. It certainly helps to get the most from your talent, but as you go up in competition, it turns out that guys with more ability than you also value those same fundamentals....

People like to hang the coaching staff(s) over and over, but they aren’t the primary problem.
Bio page
cajuncoug
Joined
Aug 8, 2003
Last login
Sep 2, 2019
Total posts
7,798 (172 FO)
Messages
Author
Date

Posting on CougarBoard

In order to post, you will need to either sign up or log in.